Join us from September to July as an intern at St Matthias, Plymouth. The internship is a chance to serve in the church but we also want to invest in you as you discover your gifts and call. Each intern will have a primary ministry area they will get involved in but they will also have a chance to experience local church ministry in a variety of contexts and ministries.
As an intern you will spend 3 days a week with us (including Sundays & Tuesdays) which are made up of:
- Theological training from St Mellitus College
- Attending weekly staff mornings
- One ministry placement day a week
- Active involvement in Sunday services and ministry area
- Kids & Youth
- Media & Production
- Operations & Events
- Worship (combined with the Worship Central Academy)
The boring but important stuff:
- The 2017/18 Intern programme will run for about ten months from September 2017.
- Interns come to St Matthias Plymouth as volunteers rather than employees and the relationship between the church and the Intern is one of mutual trust rather than contract.
- Interns will not be charged for the Internship nor will they receive financial support from St Matt's. If an Intern needs to move into the area to take part in the programme, the church will try to give some help to find suitable accommodation but cannot be held responsible for this.
- Interns will normally be expected to support themselves from part time employment.
- If not an EU resident the applicant will need to be in possession of any necessary work permits before submitting an application. International applicants will not be considered if relying on a student visa to remain in the UK and will need to arrange all visa permissions by themselves.
- The Intern will be responsible for finding their own employment in the area. The church will work with the Intern to fit the church work around the employment except that the Intern is required to keep 3 days free to work in the church (including Sundays and Tuesdays).
- Interns will be expected to live within easy travelling distance from the church.
- Interns will be expected to be fully committed to St Matt's and the Leadership team for the duration of the Internship which will include regular attendance at Sunday Gatherings.
- The church work will involve varied daytime, evening and weekend hours.
- Interns will be encouraged to take 20 days holiday (or equivalent hours) during their Internship plus Public Holidays plus the period between Christmas and New Year (26, 27, and 28 December).
Further information and how to apply:
If you have any questions or would like to know any further information, please email Hannah at email@example.com.